Paris is the most important culinary city in the world! We’ll tell you incredible historical anecdotes while exploring a Parisian food market and enjoying the tastings we collect there.
Sights You’ll See
• Typical Parisian food market in Latin Quarter
• 5-7 artisan shops selling cheese, charcuterie, bread, fish, sweets and more
• History and importance of food in France
• Insight into how the French shop, cook, and eat
• Unforgettable and hilarious anecdotes about French cuisine
• Cafe break (Best of France rated, or headquarters of Julie & Julia film!)
…and much more
• Tour length: 2.5 hours
• Very filling—most travelers do not need a meal afterwards!
• Tastings of cheese, charcuterie, bread, fish, sweets, cafe fare
• Wine or soft drink, coffee
• Meeting location in central Paris (details on confirmation email after you book)
• Guides: Karen, Veronica (read about our team here)
• We do our best with different dietary needs, but keep in mind that this tour generally includes gluten (bread), pork (charcuterie), dairy (raw cheese) and fish
• Price: 95 €/person
• Maximum participants: 6 (semi-private)
• Availability: Tues-Fri at 10am or 4pm, weekends at 9:45am
• Sorry, no child discounts for this tour
• Note that tips are never expected, but always appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
• All bookings are subject to our Tour Policies
Difficulty: Easy *
• First traveler to book a new tour chooses start time
• 2 travelers minimum to start a new tour
• Choose a date on the calendar to book this tour. Not available? Ask us or check other tours on our Master Calendar here.
Submit your review
Submit your review
We had a great experience with Karen on a Sunday morning tour of the oldest food market area in Paris. Karen was fun to be with and truly appreciated the relationships she has built up with the local vendors and restaurant owners in order to make this tour happen. The food was delicious and the experience one of our best while in Paris!